Wednesday, 19 June, 2024


Abia man electrocuted few weeks to wedding

A middle-aged man identified simply as Chukwudi has been electrocuted  few weeks to his wedding.

The incident was said to have occurred at Opobo Road, along  the Ogbor Hills axis of the commercial nerve centre  of the state.

It was gathered that the deceased whose traditional marriage was some weeks ahead after discovering that there was power supply  in his neighbourhood while there was no electricity supply in his apartment started looking for a ladder to apparently switch to the next active line.

Reports have it that while he was on the electric pole trying to rectify the problem, power  was restored  on the former line.

“While on top of the pole, he was said to have rested his ladder on an electric-powered barbwire which triggered electric shock when power was restored.

“He was trapped between the pole and the electrified barbwire, making it difficult for him to escape or even for people to come to his rescue and by the time he was eventually brought down, he was dead,” a source said.

In another development, a middle-aged man whose name was given as Ugochukwu Egwuatu has been reportedly killed by his kinsman.


0 comments on “Abia man electrocuted few weeks to wedding

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *