Saturday, 28 November, 2020

Sponsored

Call it off : George Foreman says ‘no more is needed’ from Mike Tyson as he urges heavyweight legend to call off comeback


George Foreman wants Mike Tyson to forget about the idea of returning to the boxing ring – even if it is in an exhibition environment.

Former heavyweight king Tyson revealed he is currently training ahead of a sensational return to boxing in 2020.

‘Iron Mike’ last fought professionally in 2005 when he retired on his stool against journeyman Kevin McBride after a glittering career.

The 53-year-old claims to be in the best shape of his life as he continues to share his workouts with fans on social media.

He revealed he wanted to box in some exhibition events to try and raise money for charity.

Fellow heavyweight great Foreman discouraged the idea of Tyson ever fighting again.

The 71-year-old told World Boxing News: “Tyson has done enough great things for boxing. No more is needed.

“He is in the Hall of Fame and was a mighty puncher.”

Tyson was speaking on Instagram Live with rapper T.I. when he laid out his plans to return to the boxing ring and revealed his current training regime.

He said: “I’ve been hitting the mitts for the last week. That’s been tough, my body is really jacked up and really sore from hitting the mitts.

“I’ve been working out, I’ve been trying to get in the ring, I think I’m going to box some exhibitions and get in shape.

“I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff.

“Some charity exhibitions, make some money, help some homeless and drug-affected motherf****er like me.

“I do two hours on cardio, I do the bike and the treadmill for an hour, then I do some light weights, 300, 250 reps.

“Then I start my day with the boxing thing, I go in there and hit the mitts, 30 minutes, 25 minutes, start getting in better condition.

“I’m start to put those combinations together. I’m in pain, I feel like three guys kicked the s*** out of me.”

talkSport

Sponsored

One comment on “Call it off : George Foreman says ‘no more is needed’ from Mike Tyson as he urges heavyweight legend to call off comeback

Benito

I wouldn’t say call it off.Who knows.Tyson is unpredictable.I wanna see him fight again

Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *