Saturday, 08 May, 2021

Sponsored

Israel most likely responsible for blast on Iranian container ship in Mediterranean – media


A member of an Iranian investigation team has told a local news outlet that Tel Aviv was most likely behind the attack on a Europe-bound Iranian container ship in the Mediterranean Sea earlier this week.

“Considering the geographical location and the way the ship was targeted, one of the strong possibilities is that this terrorist operation was carried out by the Zionist regime (Israel),” an unnamed investigator told the Nournews agency.

Several containers on the deck of the Shahr-e Kord vessel were hit with high-explosive objects. The damage they suffered indicates that the Iranian ship could have been targeted by an aerial vehicle, the expert pointed out.
The attack on a commercial vessel travelling through the Mediterranean to Europe took place on Wednesday. There were no casualties, and the crew swiftly extinguished the small fire in the hull it caused.

Iran reported the incident a few days later, with the national shipping company’s spokesman Ali Ghiasian labelling it a terrorist attack and an act of “naval piracy.” He didn’t blame any party, saying only that Tehran would seek to identify the perpetrators “through relevant international institutions.”

Credit: Yahoo News

Sponsored

0 comments on “Israel most likely responsible for blast on Iranian container ship in Mediterranean – media

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *