Wednesday, 24 April, 2024

Sponsored

Strike force battles unknown gunmen in Anambra, 8 suspects injured



From Ifeoma Ejiofor

A forty man strike force on Monday raided the strongholds of unidentified gunmen Ogbaru LGA of Anambra State, leaving eight suspects injured.

Sources claimed that unknown gunmen had held thirteen of sixteen communities in the area captive before the clearance operation by the strike force.

The strike force’s decisive action, in collaboration with the Nigerian Navy stationed in the area, targeted three camps where the gunmen operated.

The operation resulted in the recovery of arms, ammunition, charms, military and police uniforms, marking a significant dent in the activities of the gunmen.

The exact number of casualties could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report but an operative who pleaded for anonimity said that some gunmen sustained injuries, while others jumped into River Niger.

The chairman of Ogbaru LGA of Anambra State, Hon. Paschal Aniegbunam, in a comment expressed relief at the restoration of peace and security in the region.

He highlighted the challenges previously faced by workers, farmers, traders, and fishermen due to the disruptive activities of these unidentified assailants.

Hon Aniegbunam said that the formation of the forty-man security strike force in tandem with the Navy has resulted in the freedom of Ogbaru from the gunmen’s hold.

The Ogbaru LGA chairman commended Gov Soludo for his support in combating the security challenges.

Sponsored

0 comments on “Strike force battles unknown gunmen in Anambra, 8 suspects injured

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *